Configuring the session profiles
Follow the steps below to create two session profiles for connections: one profile for external (example shown below), and another profile for internal SMTP clients.
For more detailed information about session profile configuration settings, see the FortiMail Administration Guide.
- Go to Profile > Session > Session and click New.
- Enter a Profile name.
- Under Connection Settings, enable Hide this box from the mail server to preserve the IP address or domain name of the SMTP client.
- Under Sender Reputation, click Enable sender reputation and leave the settings to their default values.
- Under Session Settings, enable Prevent encryption of the session so that STARTTLS/MD5 commands are blocked and email connections cannot be TLS-encrypted.
- Under Unauthenticated Session Settings, enable Prevent open relaying.
- Click Create.