Reconnecting to the FortiMail unit after a downgrade
If you downgrade to a previous version, the FortiMail unit reverts to default settings, including the IP addresses of network interfaces through which you connect to the FortiMail GUI and CLI.
If this occurs, you can reconnect again using the CLI.
- Connect your computer to the FortiMail unit's console port using an RJ-45 to DB-9 serial cable or a null-modem cable.
- Start HyperTerminal, or PuTTY, and enter a name for the serial connection (for example, COM1).
- Set the following port settings:
- Speed (baud): 9600 (bits per second)
- Data bits: 8
- Stop bits: 1
- Parity: None
- Flow control: None
- Press Enter or click Open to connect to the FortiMail CLI and log in as the default admin account (
adminwith no password).
- Once logged in, enter the following command to reinstate the network interface IP address for
port1and allow administrative access to the FortiMail unit through the GUI and CLI:
config system interface
set ip <ip/netmask>
set allowaccess ping https ssh
<ip/netmask> is the IP address and netmask of the network interface, such as