Configuring MS Exchange
This example assumes that you use MS Exchange Server 2010 as your mail server.
First you need to configure the mail server to allow messages up to 25 MB, for example.
- In the Exchange Management Console (EMC), go to mail flow > receive connectors.
- Select your transport hub and click Edit.
- Make sure the Maximum receive message size (MB) is set to at least 25 and then click save.
- Go to mail flow > send connectors.
- Select the appropriate connector and click Edit.
- Make sure the Maximum send message size (MB) is set to at least 25 and then click save.
- Double-click Outbound Internet Email.
- Set Maximum message size to 25000.
- Go to Recipients > Mailboxes.
- Select your user mailbox and click Edit.
- Under Mailbox properties, click Mailbox Features.
- Under Message Size Restrictions, click View details.
- Enter 25000 for both the sent and received message fields.
- Click OK and Save to confirm the changes.