Restoring from a backup
The Restore Options area of the Mail Data tab lets you selectively restore email users’ mailboxes from mailbox backups.
- Go to System > Maintenance > Mail Data.
- Under Restore Options, select one of the following options:
- Created by this device: Enable to restore mailboxes from backups identified by the current FQDN of this FortiMail unit.
- Created by: Enable to restore mailboxes from backups identified by another FQDN or the FQDN of another FortiMail unit.
- For this domain: Enable if you want to restore only the mailboxes of a specific protected domain. Once enabled, select the name of the protected domain from the drop-down menu. Optionally, enable For this user to restore only the mailbox of a specific email user.
- Click Restore to restore mailboxes from the most recent full or incremental backup stored on the backup media. The time required to complete the restoration will vary depending on the size of the backup and the speed of your network connection.
Back up mailboxes before selecting the Restore button. Restoring mailboxes overwrites all mailboxes that currently exist.