Before you create your custom message you will likely want to create new predefined variables to insert into your custom message. Typically, these variables represent messages that you will frequently use.
- Go to System > Customization > Custom Message, select a replacement message (in this example, Virus message), and click Edit.
- Next to the Type field, click Edit Variable.
- Click New.
- The typical format for attribute names is %%EXAMPLE%%. Enter FILE_TYPE for the Name field so the type of file can also be identified in the message.
- Enter an appropriate Display Name, and enter Text for the Content field.
- Click Create, and click Close to finish editing variables.
The Virus message replacement message already has two predefined variables, File Name and Virus Name.
Do not enter the name with the percentage symbols, as the system will not allow it. These are appended afterward.
There is a substantial list of variables available to use. See the "Creating variables" section in the FortiMail Administration Guide.