Configuring the encryption profile
- Go to Profile > Security > Encryption and click New.
- Enter a Profile name.
- Set Protocol to IBE.
- Set Access method to one of the following:
- Push sends a notification and secure mail to the recipient who needs to go to the FortiMail unit to open the message. The FortiMail unit does not store the message.
- Pull sends just a notification to the recipient who needs to go to the FortiMail unit to open the message. The FortiMail unit stores the message.
- Set Maximum size (KB) for Push method to the maximum message size of the secure mail delivered to the recipient.
- Assign an Encryption algorithm.
- Set Action on failure to Drop and send DSN. When IBE is not available to send a secure mail to the recipient, a delivery status notification (DSN) email to the sender’s email address, indicating that the email is permanently undeliverable.
- Click Create.
If the message exceeds the size limit, it will be delivered with the Pull method.