Poll Active Directory server
The FortiGate unit can authenticate users and allow them network access based on groups membership in Windows Active Directory (AD).
To create an AD server connector in the GUI:
- Go to Security Fabric > External Connectors.
- Click Create New.
- In the Endpoint/Identity section, click Poll Active Directory Server.
- Fill in the Server IP/Name, User, and Password for the AD server.
- Select the LDAP server from the list.
- If necessary, disable Enable Polling. This can be used to temporarily stop the FortiGate from polling security event logs on the Windows logon server, for troubleshooting purposes.
- Click OK.