FortiMail can be authorized into the Security Fabric using either the gutter on the Fabric Connectors page, or by pre-authorizing using the FortiMail serial number or certificate.
To join the Security Fabric from FortiMail:
- Go to System > Customization and click the Corporate Security Fabric tab (or the Corporate Security Fabric tab in FortiMail 6.4.2 and earlier).
- Click the toggle to enable the Fabric.
- Enter the Upstream IP Address (root FortiGate) and the Management IP of the FortiMail.
- Click Apply.
Authorizing using FortiOS
If the FortiMail was added to the Security Fabric but not pre-authorized, you can authorize it in FortiOS on the Fabric Connectors page.
To authorize FortiMail:
- Go to Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors.
- In the topology tree, hover over the FortiMail and click Authorize.
- Verify the certificate is correct, then click Accept.
Pre-authorizing using the FortiMail certificate
FortiMail can be pre-authorized using its serial number or certificate. When you pre-authorize, the FortiMail can join at any time, and you will not need to authorize it FortiOS. In this example, FortiMail is pre-authorized using a certificate.
To pre-authorize FortiMail using a third-party or default certificate:
- Log in to FortiMail.
- Download the certificate. For example, in Chrome:
- In the left side of the address bar, click the icon to view the site information.
- Click Certificate.
- Click the Details tab, then click Copy to File.
- The Certificate Export Wizard opens. Click Next to continue.
- For the file format, select Base-64 encoded X.509 (.CER), then click Next.
- Browse to the folder location and enter a file name, then click Next.
- Click Finish, then click OK to close the dialog box.
- In FortiOS, go to Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors and double-click the Security Fabric Setup card.
- Beside Device authorization, click Edit and configure the following:
- Enter the FortiMail serial number.
- For Authorization type, select Serial Number.
- For Certificate, upload the .CER file you saved previously.
- Click OK.