Viewing top websites and sources by category
You can use FortiGuard web categories to populate the category fields in various FortiView pages such as FortiView Web Categories, FortiView Websites or FortiView Sources. To view the categories in a dashboard, the web filter profile must be configured to at least monitor for FortiGuard category based filter, and applied to a firewall policy for outbound traffic.
To verify the web filter profile is monitor-only:
- Go to Security Profiles > Web Filter.
- Double-click a web filter that is applied to an outbound traffic firewall policy. The Edit Web Filter Profile window opens.
- Ensure FortiGuard category based filter is enabled.
In the image below, the General Interest - Business categories are monitor-only.
To create a Web categories dashboard:
- Under Dashboard, click Add Dashboard. The Add Dashboard window opens.
- In the Name field, enter a name such as FortiView Web Categories and click OK. The new dashboard opens.
- In the banner, click Add Widget. The Add Dashboard Widget window opens.
- In the Search field, type FortiView Web Categories and click the Add button next to the widget name.
- In the Fabric Member area, click Default or Specify to select a device in the security fabric.
- From the Time Period dropdown, select a time period greater than Now.
- From the Sort By dropdown, select Bytes, Sessions, Bandwidth, or Packets.
- Click Add Widget. The widget is added to the dashboard.
Viewing the web filter category
The web filter category name appears in the Category column of the dashboard.
Click an entry in the table. The category name appears at the top of Summary of box.
Click the Web Sites tab. The category name appears in the Category column.
Click the Sessions tab. The category name appears in the Category Description column.
The category name also appears in the Category column in the FortiView Websites and FortiView Sources dashboards.