Use the following steps to connect to the FortiOS CLI of the FPM in slot 3:
- Using the console cable supplied with your FortiGate-7121F, connect the SMM Console 1 port on the FortiGate-7121F to the USB port on your management computer.
Start a terminal emulation program on the management computer. Use these settings:
Baud Rate (bps) 9600, Data bits 8, Parity None, Stop bits 1, and Flow Control None.
- Press Ctrl-T to enter console switch mode.
- Press Ctrl-R to switch to the SMM SMC SDI CLI switching mode.
Repeat pressing Ctrl-R until you have connected to slot 3. Example prompt:
<Switching to Console: FIM03-MC (9600)>
- Login with an administrator name and password.
The default administrator name and password are
For security reasons, it is strongly recommended that you change the password.
- You can begin entering commands at the
- When your session is complete, enter the
exitcommand to log out.