The following procedure describes how to connect a FortiGate-7121F DC PSU to DC power. Repeat this procedure to connect each PSU.
You need the following equipment to connect the FortiGate-7121F DC PSUs to DC power:
- An electrostatic discharge (ESD) preventive wrist strap with connection cord.
- One of the supplied DC power cables, that include a two prong connector with a release tab on one end and black and red double hole lug plates on the other end. Black for -48V and red for RTN.
- Attach the ESD wrist strap to your wrist and to an ESD socket or to a bare metal surface on the chassis or frame.
- Make sure that the PSU and power cords are not energized.
- Connect the black -48V power wire to your -48V DC power source using the ring terminal.
- Connect the red RTN power wire from to your RTN connector using the ring terminal.
Plug the power cable into the FortiGate-7121F PSU connector.
Slide the connector in until the release tab clicks, locking the cable in place.
- Make sure the power wires are secured using tie wraps if required.
- If required, label the black wire -48V.
- If required, label the red wire RTN.
- Turn on power to the PSU.
- Verify that the PSU status LED is solid green meaning that the PSU is powered up and operating normally.