Follow these steps to safely hot swap an AC PSU.
|You can hot swap a PSU without powering down the FortiGate-7121F as long as four PSUs are connected to power and operating normally. If you need to hot swap one of four operating PSUs, you should do this during a quiet period, because if the FortiGate-7121F is operating with less that four PSUs, some of the FPMs may be shut down.|
- Attach an ESD wrist strap to your wrist and to an ESD socket or to a bare metal surface on the chassis or frame.
- Turn off the power being supplied to the power supply and disconnect the power cord.
- Press the latch towards the handle until the PSU is detached then pull it out of the chassis.
- Insert a replacement PSU into the chassis and slide it in until it locks into place.
Plug power cables into the FortiGate-7121F PSU connector.
Slide the connector in until the release tab clicks, locking the cable in place.
- Turn on power to the PSU.
- Verify that the PSU status LED is solid green meaning that the PSU is powered up and operating normally.