Assets can be registered with the Register More button in the Products views.
Assets available for registration include hardware products, contracts, licenses, and account services. The steps in the registration wizard will vary depending on the asset. For more information on account services, see Account Services.
Registering products is only available to master users and sub users with full access permissions.
For information about de-registering units, see Viewing decommissioned units.
- Sign in to your FortiCloud account.
- Go to Products and click the Register More button.
- Provide your registration code:
- Enter your asset serial number, service contract registration code, or license certificate number in the Registration Code field.
- Choose your end user type as either a government or non-government user.
- Click Next.
If a contract number is registered, you will be prompted to enter or select the serial number being registered. The contract auto-start date will be displayed when selecting the product serial number.
- Specify your registration information:
- If you have purchased a support contract for your asset, enter the support contract number.
- Enter a description to help identify the asset.
- Specify the Fortinet Partner or Reseller that helped you with your asset. If this is a Partner account, Specify the Fortinet Partner or Reseller.
- Click the My Assets dropdown to assign the asset to a folder.
- If this is a Partner account, specify the asset group or asset folder. The Asset Groups section appears in accounts with asset groups enabled. Master users and sub users with full access will see My Assets section in regular accounts.
- Click Next.
Some assets require a FortiCloud Key when being registered. See the FortiGate Cloud Administration Guide for more information.
- Review and accept the terms and conditions of the Fortinet Product Registration Agreement, and click Next.
- On the Verification page, review your asset details and accept the terms of the contract, then click Confirm.
- Registration is now complete and your registration summary is displayed.
- Click Done.