Connecting the FortiGate-6000F to ground
The FortiGate-6000F appliance includes a ground terminal on the FortiGate-6000F back panel. The ground terminal provides two connectors to be used with a double-holed lug such as Thomas & Betts PN 54850BE. This connector must be connected to a local ground connection.
You need the following equipment to connect the FortiGate-6000F to ground:
- An electrostatic discharge (ESD) preventive wrist strap with connection cord.
- One green 6 AWG stranded wire with listed closed loop double-hole lug suitable for minimum 6 AWG copper wire, such as Thomas & Betts PN 54850BE.
To connect the FortiGate-6000F chassis to ground
- Attach the ESD wrist strap to your wrist and to an ESD socket or to a bare metal surface on the FortiGate-6000F.
- Make sure that the FortiGate-6000F and ground wire are not energized.
- Connect the green ground wire from the local ground to the ground connector on the FortiGate-6000F.
- Secure the ground wire to the FortiGate-6000F.
- Optionally label the wire GND.