- If the endpoint is not managed by EMS, proceed to step 2. If the endpoint is currently managed by EMS, do the following:
- The EMS administrator deregisters the endpoint. See the FortiClient EMS Administration Guide.
- In FortiClient, on the Compliance & Telemetry tab, disconnect from EMS. The endpoint is no longer managed by EMS.
- In FortiClient, go to Settings, then unlock the configuration.
- In the Windows System Tray, right-click the FortiTray icon, then select Shutdown FortiClient.
- Once FortiClient is shutdown, uninstall FortiClient using the Windows Add/Remove Programs application.
FortiClient may require a password to perform some of the above actions. Use the password configured in Configuration lock.