Creating reports without using a template
To create a report without using a template:
- If using ADOMs, ensure that you are in the correct ADOM.
- Go to Reports > Report Definitions > All Reports.
- In the toolbar, click Create New. The Create New Report dialog box opens.
- In the Name box, type a name for the new report. The following characters are NOT supported in report names: \ / " ' < > & , | # ? % $ +
- Select the Blank option for the Create from setting.
- Select the folder that the new report will be saved to from the dropdown list. You can click the add button to include additional folder locations. See Organizing reports into folders
- Select OK to create the new report.
- On the Settings tab, you can specify a time period for the report, what device logs to include in the report, and so on. You can also add filters to the report, add a cover page to the report, and so on. For a description of the fields, see Reports Settings tab.
To create a custom cover page, you must select Print Cover Page in the Advanced Settings menu.
- On the Layout tab, you can specify the charts and macros to include in the report, as well as report content and layout.
For a description of the fields, see Reports Layout tab.
For information about creating charts and macros, see Creating charts and Creating macros.
- Click Apply to save your changes.