You can organize connected devices into ADOMs to better manage the devices. ADOMs can be organized by:
- Firmware version: group all 6.2 devices into one ADOM, and all 6.4 devices into another.
- Geographic regions: group all devices for a specific geographic region into an ADOM, and devices for a separate region into another ADOM.
- Administrator users: group devices into separate ADOMs based for specific administrators responsible for the group of devices.
- Customers: group all devices for one customer into an ADOM, and devices for another customer into another ADOM.
FortiAnalyzer, FortiCache, FortiClient, FortiDDos, FortiMail, FortiManager, FortiSandbox, FortiWeb, Chassis, and FortiCarrier devices are automatically placed in their own ADOMs.
- Security Fabric: group all devices that are within the Security Fabric.
Each administrator profile can be customized to provide read-only, read/write, or restrict access to various ADOM settings. When creating new administrator accounts, you can restrict which ADOMs the administrator can access, for enhanced control of your administrator users. For more information on ADOM configuration and settings, see Administrative Domains (ADOMs).