Configuring an LDAP connector
If your LDAP server has contact or extension information, you can configure an LDAP connector to retrieve this information and add it to the contact and extension lists on the FortiVoice unit.
Before starting to configure an LDAP connector, make sure to complete the steps in Creating an LDAP profile.
- Go to Phone System > LDAP > LDAP Connector.
- Click New > Extension Connector or Contact Connector.
- Enter a Name for the LDAP connector.
- Select an LDAP profile.
- Select a Schema that defines the rules to govern the kinds of data that the LDAP server can hold. This option appears after you select the LDAP profile.
- In Search base, enter or browse for the location in the LDAP directory tree where the search for contacts or extensions begins.
- In Search filter, enter the complete query filters.
- In Scope, select which level to query in the LDAP directory tree.
- In Max results, enter the maximum number of contacts or extensions that you want to allow the LDAP connector to get. If you leave the value as 0, then the search will include an unlimited number of contacts or extensions, as applicable.
- In the Mapping and More sections, fill in the applicable fields.
- The mapping enables the FortiVoice unit to convert the data retrieved from the LDAP server into FortiVoice extension or contact lists.
- Enter the contact attributes used in the LDAP server that match the FortiVoice attributes for extensions or contact lists. For example, Name may be used to represent first name and Surname may be used for last name.
- To choose an LDAP server attribute, you can click the host attribute name beside each field.
- In Schedule, you can specify when you want the FortiVoice unit and your LDAP server to synchronize.
- Click Create.
- To view the contact list of the LDAP contact connector, go to Phone System > LDAP > LDAP Contact.
- To view the extension list of the LDAP extension connector:
- Go to Extension > Extension > IP Extension.
- Select Filter > Source > LDAP.