Configuring extension settings
- Go to Extension > Extension > IP Extension and click New (or select and Edit an existing extension).
- Enter an extension Number. A green check mark will appear to indicate that the number entered is Available.
- Enter a Display name for the user. This is the name that appears on the phone screen when receiving a call from this extension.
FortiVoice auto-populates the User ID field.
Configuring device settings
- In the Device Setting section, you can determine whether the IP extension is assigned as either a Desktop Phone, Soft Phone, or an Auxiliary Device. For this example, stay on the Desktop Phone tab, and set the Type to FortiFone from the drop-down menu.
- For Device, click New, where you can enter the extension's device MAC address, Phone model, and assign a Phone profile.
- Assign an appropriate SIP profile from the SIP settings drop-down, and assign an Emergency zone.
- Then click Advanced to open the desktop phone advanced settings.
- Enter or Generate a SIP password, and set Location to Internal.
- Optionally, enable message waiting indication (MWI), Auto answer, and Direct call. Then click Create.
Note that IP extensions that are designated as Internal are those extensions that do not traverse through NAT to connect to the FortiVoice unit. Select External if the extension does require NAT.
Configuring user settings
- In the User Setting section, under the Management tab, assign a User privilege, the Department the extension belongs to, and a Survival branch profile.
- Under the Web Access tab, set Authentication type to Local and enter or Generate a User password.
- A warning may appear indicating that the system password policy is disabled. If this is the case, click Password policy is disabled to enable Password/PIN Policy, and configure the minimum requirements for passwords as appropriate.
- Under the Phone Access tab, enter or Generate a Voicemail PIN and Personal code. These are used by the extension user to access their voicemail and the FortiVoice user portal, and to make restricted calls, respectively.
See Configuring voicemail for information on configuring the Voicemail settings.
- In the User Setting section, under the Management tab, click Voicemail.
- Set Main voice mailbox to the extension's own voice mailbox or that of another extension as the voice mailbox of this extension. Typically, you will use the default mailbox.
- For Users (s) and Groups(s), click in the fields and assign those users and groups you wish to notify when a new voicemail is received.
- Click Close.
Configuring call center
You can enable the call center option, if you have purchased a call center license and uploaded that license on FortiVoice.
- When you have completed the configuration of the various IP extension settings, enable Call Center. Call center profiles can only be configured after the IP extension configuration has been saved. Click Create.
- Select the newly created IP extension from the list, click Edit, and click Call Center.
- Under Call Center, assign an Agent profile from the drop-down menu. For example, you can designate the extension as either a call center agent or manager.
- An agent, or especially a manager, may need to monitor call queues in certain departments. Click the Managed departments table and assign those departments you wish to be monitored.
- Click Member of Queues.
- Set Main/Outgoing queue to the primary queue for collecting the outgoing calls from all queues by this agent.
- From the Queues table, assign the queues you want the extension to be a member of.
- Click OK when finished.
- Under Skill Sets, click New.
- Assign the appropriate skill and skill level for the agent from the drop-down menu. For more information on agent skill and skill-based routing, see Skill-based routing.
- Click Create, and OK to complete configuring the Call Center, and OK again to complete configuring the IP Extension.