Verifying the heartbeat status
Use this procedure to verify that the heartbeat between the FortiVoice LSG unit at the branch office and the FortiVoice phone system at the main office is healthy.
- Connect to the web-based manager of the FortiVoice LSG unit at the branch office
- Go to Status > Dashboard, and click the Console tab.
The Console window opens.
- To connect, click the console window.
The Console window shows a system prompt.
- Enter the following command:
diagnose debug application proxyd status summary
- Review the system output.
The following system output is an example:
System Time: 2019-11-04 10:06:53 EST (Uptime: 3d 19h 5m)
Status:: mode: proxy (local survival is enabled), central office status=up, call handle location=central
- If the system output shows central office status=up, then you have completed this procedure. Go to Connecting the phones to the network.
If the system output shows central office status=down, you need to troubleshoot the setup. You can start by verifying the IP address and port configuration (see Configuring administrator and network settings and Adding a survivability branch) and the heartbeat status again. Make sure that the heartbeat between the FortiVoice LSG unit at the branch office and the FortiVoice phone system at the main office is healthy before connecting the phones to the network.