Configuring an account code and user privilege for branch paging
Use this procedure to create an account code to restrict the access to a paging system at the branch office. Assign this account code to a user privilege and then apply this user privilege to a user extension. To engage the paging system, extension users must dial the configured paging number assigned to the user privilege and then validate their access to the paging system by entering the access code (PIN) when prompted.
Create a paging account code:
- Connect to the web-based manager of the primary FortiVoice phone system at the main office.
- Go to Call Features > User Privileges, and then click the Account code tab.
- Click New.
- In Name, enter a name to identify this account code. For example, PagingAccCode.
- Do not select Shared.
- In Represented in CDR, decide how you want to display the account code in the call detail record (CDR) by selecting By code or By name.
- In Description, add any notes for this account code.
- Under Access Code Set, click New.
- In Code, enter an access code. When the FortiVoice phone system prompts for a PIN (access code) after a user has engaged the paging system, the user enters this code.
- In Display name, enter a name for the access code. For example, PagingAccessCode.
- In Comments, select Click to edit and add any notes for the access code.
- To create the access code set, click Create.
- To create the account code, click Create.
Create a paging user privilege:
- Go to Call Features > User Privileges, and then click the User Privileges tab.
- Click New.
- In Name, enter a name to identify this user privilege. For example, AllowPagingWithCode.
- Click Call Restriction.
- Click Other Restricted Area Code/Number.
- Click New.
- In Name, enter a name to identify this paging call restriction. For example, Paging.
- Select Enabled to activate this restriction.
- In Area code/Number, enter the paging number to be configured to engage the paging system. For example, 12$. In this example, the $ symbol functions as an explicit character match. Later in this guide, you will configure this paging number in Adding a survivability branch.
- In Permission, select Allowed with account code.
- In Account code, click >>.
- In the Available column, select the account code that you created in step 1. In this example, you would select PagingAccCode.
- Click -> to move the account code to the Selected column.
- Click Create.
- Apply the paging user privilege to one or more extensions:
- Go to Extensions > Extensions, and then click the IP Extensions tab.
- In the Number column, click the extension that you want to edit.
- Go to Advanced Setting.
- In User privilege, select the paging user privilege that you created in step 2. In this example, you would select AllowPagingWithCode.
- Click OK.
You have completed this procedure.
- Go to one of the following procedures, as applicable: