Before any advanced configuration, you must enable Server mode in the FortiMail web interface.
- Ensure your computer’s IP address is on the same subnet as FortiMail’s default IP address (192.168.1.99).
- Access the FortiMail web interface. FortiMail port1’s default IP address is 192.168.1.99. To access the FortiMail unit’s web UI, make sure your PC’s IP address is on the same subnet as FortiMail (for example, 192.168.1.98). Access this URL from a web browser: https://192.168.1.99/admin. The “/admin” portion of the URL is important.
- Enter admin as the user name and no password by default.
- Go to Dashboard > Status. In the System Information widget, set Operation mode to Server.
In the web-based manager of the FortiMail unit, click the administrator's options in the corner and go to System > Wizard.
The Quick Start Wizard helps to configure some basic network and email settings when you load the interface for the first time.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to configure the settings.