You must obtain a license to activate the FortiGate-VM. If you have not activated the license, you see the license upload screen when you log into the FortiGate-VM and cannot proceed to configure the FortiGate-VM.
You can obtain licenses for the bring your own license (BYOL) licensing model through any Fortinet partner. If you do not have a partner, contact email@example.com for assistance in purchasing a license.
After you purchase a license or obtain an evaluation license, you receive a PDF with an activation code.
FortiOS 7.2.1 introduces a permanent trial license, which requires a FortiCare account. This trial license has limited features and capacity. The trial license only applies to BYOL deployments for FortiGate-VM on Azure. See Permanent trial mode for FortiGate-VM for details.
FortiOS 7.2.0 supports the older evaluation license, which has a 15-day term.
- Go to Customer Service & Support and create a new account or log in with an existing account.
- Click Register Now to start the registration process.
- In the Registration Code field, enter your license activation code, then select Next to continue registering the product.
- If you register the S-series subscription model, the site prompts you to select one of the following:
- Click Register to newly register the code to acquire a new serial number with a new license file.
- Click Renew to renew and extend the licensed period on top of the existing serial number, so that all features on the VM node continue working uninterrupted upon license renewal.
- At the end of the registration process, download the license (.lic) file to your computer. You upload this license later to activate the FortiGate-VM. After registering a license, Fortinet servers may take up to 30 minutes to fully recognize the new license. When you upload the license (.lic) file to activate the FortiGate-VM, if you get an error that the license is invalid, wait 30 minutes and try again.