- Log in to the Azure portal and go to Custom deployment.
- Click Build your own template in the editor.
- From GitHub, copy and paste the template content, or download the template file and load it into the Edit template window.
- Ensure that the template is shown in the screen. Click Save.
- Edit the parameters:
- Click Edit parameters.
- Copy and paste the parameters from GitHub, or download the file as in step 3. You can manually edit the fields.
- Click Save.
- Complete the following fields:
Enter the subscription that is entitled to purchase marketplace products of your choice. Generally, selecting a subscription that your organization has configured to not be able to purchase Azure resources is advisable. Ensure that you specify the appropriate subscription.
You must create a new resource group. Click Create New and enter a nonexistent resource group.
From the dropdown list, select a region to deploy the FortiGate-VM and related resources.
Manually specify the same location as the above by entering the region.
Specify an administrator login name that can log into the FortiGate management console. Azure does not allow names such as root or admin.
Specify an administrator password with some character complexity. The password must be between 12 and 72 characters and contain at least three of the following: one lower-case character, one upper-case character, one number, and one special character.
Specify the FortiGate-VM instance name or FortiGate hostname that can be identified on the Azure portal.
FortiGate Image SKU
Leave this as-is.
FortiGate Image version
Select a version. This version points to the one that the FortiGate marketplace listing supports. As the template may contain obsolete versions, specifying Latest is recommended.
Choose an instance type based on the number of virtual CPU cores. Recommended types are the following compute instances:
Instances with over 32 vCPU requires a FG-VMUL license that can support an unlimited number of CPU cores.
Public IP New or Existing or None
Public IP Address Name
Enter a name to distinguish the public IP address.
Public IP Resource Group
Ensure you specify the same resource group as entered in Basics > Resource Group above.
Public IP Address Type
Vnet New or Existing
Specify the same name as the resource group name.
Vnet Address Prefix
Specify a CIDR that does not overlap with your existing Vnet CIDRs.
Enter a name to distinguish the public subnet.
Specify a CIDR that belongs to the Vnet Address Prefix above.
Enter a name to distinguish the private/protected subnet.
Specify another CIDR that belongs to the Vnet Address Prefix above.
Artifacts Base URL
- Select the I agree to the terms and conditions stated above checkbox. Click Purchase. It takes about 10-15 minutes to deploy the FortiGate-VM and related resources. If you encounter an issue, resolve the issue and retry the deployment.
- After successful deployment, connect to the FortiGate instance using the credentials specified above. See Connecting to the FortiGate-VM.