Finding application and user information
Company ABC has over 1000 employees using different applications across different divisional areas, including supply chain, accounting, facilities and construction, administration, and IT.
The administration team received a $6000 invoice from a software provider to license an application called Widget-Pro. According to the software provider, an employee at Company ABC is using Widget-Pro software.
The system administrator wants to find who is using applications that are not in the company’s list of approved applications. The administrator also wants to determine whether the user is unknown to FortiGuard signatures, identify the list of users, and perform an analysis of their systems.
To find application and user information:
- If using ADOMs, ensure that you are in the correct ADOM.
- Go to FortiView > FortiView > Applications & Websites > Top Applications.
- Click Add Filter, select Application, type Widget-Pro.
- If you do not find the application in the filtered results, go to Log View > Traffic.
- Click the Add Filter box, select Source IP, type the source IP address, and click Go.