Creating reports without using a template
To create a report without using a template:
- If using ADOMs, ensure that you are in the correct ADOM.
- Go to Reports > Report Definitions > All Reports.
- In the toolbar, click Create New. The Create New Report dialog box opens.
- In the Name box, type a name for the new report. The following characters are NOT supported in report names: \ / " ' < > & , | # ? % $ +
- Select the Blank option for the Create from setting.
- Select the folder that the new report will be saved to from the dropdown list. See Organizing reports into folders for information about folders.
- Select OK to create the new report.
- On the Settings tab, you can specify a time period for the report, what device logs to include in the report, and so on. You can also add filters to the report, add a cover page to the report, and so on. For a description of the fields, see Reports Settings tab.
To create a custom cover page, you must select Print Cover Page in the Advanced Settings menu.
- On the Layout tab, you can specify the charts and macros to include in the report, as well as report content and layout.
For a description of the fields, see Reports Layout tab.
For information about creating charts and macros, see Creating charts and Creating macros.
- Click Apply to save your changes.