Creating or editing Security Fabric connectors
You can create a fabric connector on FortiAnalyzer for FortiClient EMS and FortiMail to execute operations on endpoints.
Once configured, fabric connectors enrich incident response related actions available in FortiSoC.
To create an Security Fabric connecter:
- Go to Fabric View.
- Click the Fabric Connectors tab, then click Create New.
- Click the FortiClient EMS or FortiMail tile. The Create New Fabric Connector dialog opens.
- In the Configuration tab, configure the connector settings and click OK.
Name Type a name for the fabric connector. Description (Optional) Type a description for the fabric connector. IP\FQDN Type the IP address or FQDN for the fabric device. Username Type the username for the fabric device. Password Type the password for the fabric device. Status Toggle On to enable the fabric connector. Toggle Off to disable the fabric connector.
- Click the Actions tab to view the actions available with the Security Fabric connector, then click OK.
For a list of FortiMail and FortiClient EMS actions, see Connectors.
After the fabric connector is created, playbooks configured in FortiSoC can use the connector to execute automated actions.
To edit a security fabric connector:
- Go to Fabric View > Fabric Connectors.
- Select an existing security fabric connector to edit.
- In the dropdown menu that appears below the connector name, modify the connector settings.
- Click OK.