The FortiVoice Gateway GS16 has 16 FXS ports. After adding the gateway to the FortiVoice phone system, each port is associated with a generated extension number. To edit an FXS gateway extension, perform this procedure.
- Connect to the web-based manager of the FortiVoice phone system.
- Go to Extensions > Extensions, and then click the Managed Extensions tab.
- Double-click the extension that you want to edit.
- Edit the following parameters, as applicable:
The system automatically generates this ID based on the gateway and port.
This parameter is read-only and only appears when you edit an extension.
The extension number. For details about the extension number pattern, see the Configuring PBX options section in the FortiVoice Phone System Administration Guide.
Select to enable the extension.
The caller ID for internal calls.
Enter the name that the phone can display when it receives a call from this extension.
External caller ID
If you want to display a particular caller ID on outbound calls instead of the caller ID of the trunk.
The format must be name<phone number>. For example, HR<21211>.
If a password policy warning appears, you can click on the warning message to configure the password policy.
Enter the password to access the user web portal.
Click Generate to automatically generate a strong password.
Select View password to display the password.
Enter the PIN to access the voicemail of this extension.
The default is 123123.
Click Generate to automatically generate a strong PIN.
Select View PIN to display the PIN.
Select the authentication type for the extension.
Local specifies that FortiVoice performs the authentication.
LDAP requires that you select a configured LDAP profile and LDAP authentication ID.
If you select LDAP as the Authentication type, then select an LDAP profile to apply to this extension.
If you select LDAP as the Authentication type, then this parameter is available and based on the authentication option that you select in the LDAP profile.
The LDAP profile has two user authentication options:
- Try common name with base DN as bind DN: If you select this option, then enter an Authentication ID based on the user object's common name attribute you entered in the Common name ID field of the LDAP profile. Example, jdoe.
- Authentication ID: If you select this option, then leave the Authentication ID blank.
To configure extension user preferences, select Edit preference.
For details about preferences, see the Setting extension user preferences section in the FortiVoice Phone System Administration Guide.
Optionally, add notes for the extension setting.
You must select Internal.
Select the SIP profile for this extension.
For details about a SIP profile, see the Configuring SIP profiles section in the FortiVoice Phone System Administration Guide.
Select the user privilege for this extension.
Enter a PIN code to restrict calls.
Click Generate to create a random personal code for this extension.
Displays the system-generated name for the gateway device.
This parameter is read-only.
Gateway fxs port
Displays the system-generated FXS port of the gateway on which the extension is located.
This parameter is read-only.
Select to enable the transportation of fax traffic on this extension.
- To save the changes, click OK.
- Send the extension changes to the FXS gateway by following the instructions in Applying the FXS gateway configuration.
The list includes extensions for all gateways.