Perform this procedure to configure the following system settings on
- Network interfaces
- Static routes
- Administrator accounts, optional
- System options
- SIP settings, optional
If you need more details about the configuration of system settings presented in this section, see the Configuring system settings section in the FortiVoice Gateway Administration Guide.
Perform this procedure to set the IP address, netmask, and administrative access protocols of the FXS gateway.
- In the web-based manager of the FortiVoice gateway, go to System > Network.
The Network tab displays the following ports:
Port 1 has a default IP address set to 192.168.1.99.
Port 2 has a default IP address set to 192.168.2.99.
- Double-click a network interface that you want to use to set the IP address of the FXS gateway.
- In IP/Netmask, edit the IP address and netmask of the interface. Make sure that this IP address is outside of the FortiGate DHCP range.
- In the Access list, make sure to enable the protocols that you want the network interface to use to accept connections to the FXS gateway.
- Click OK.
Perform this procedure to configure a static route to the router.
- In the web-based manager of the FortiVoice gateway, go to System > Network, and then click the Routing tab.
- Click New.
- In Destination IP/netmask, enter the destination IP address and netmask of packets subject to this static route. To create a default route that matches all destination IP addresses, enter 0.0.0.0/0.
- In Interface, enter the interface that this route applies to.
- In Gateway, enter the IP address of the router.
- Click OK.
By default, the FXS gateway has a single administrator account called admin. Optionally, perform this procedure to create an additional administrator account with restricted permissions.
- In the web-based manager of the FortiVoice gateway, go to System > Admin.
- Click New.
- In Administrator, enter the name for this administrator account.
The name can contain numbers (0-9), uppercase and lowercase letters (A- Z, a- z), hyphens ( - ), and underscores ( _ ). Other special characters and spaces are not allowed.
- In the Create password section, configure the account login information.
The password can contain any character except spaces.
Do not enter
anFXS gateway administrator password that is less than six characters long. For better security, enter a longer password with a complex combination of characters and numbers, and change the password regularly. Failure to provide a strong password can compromise the security of your FXS gateway.
- In Trusted hosts, enter the IPv4 or IPv6 address or subnet and netmask from which this administrator can log in.
For example, if your private network has an IP address of 192.168.1.0 and you want to allow the administrator to log in to the FXS gateway from your private network, enter
If you want the administrator to access the FXS gateway from any IP address, use
- In Select language, select the language to display in the web-based manager when this administrator logs in.
- In Select theme, select the theme to display in the web-based manager when this administrator logs in.
- In Description, enter any notes for this account.
- Click Create.
Perform this procedure to set the system idle timeout and administration ports.
- In the web-based manager of the FortiVoice gateway, go to System > Configuration, and then click the Options tab.
- In Idle timeout, enter the amount of time in minutes that an administrator can be inactive before the FXS gateway automatically logs out the administrator.
- In Administration Ports, specify the TCP ports for the administrative access on all interfaces.
Default port numbers:
- HTTP port number: 80
- HTTPS port number: 443
- SSH port number: 22
- TELNET port number: 23
Optionally, perform this procedure to configure SIP settings.
- In the web-based manager of the FortiVoice gateway, go to System > Advanced Setting, and then click the SIP tab.
- In Transport Setting, enable the ports as required.
SIP communications commonly uses TCP or UDP port 5060.
Port 5060 is used for nonencrypted SIP signaling sessions.
Port 5061 is typically used for SIP sessions encrypted with the TLS protocol.
- In RTP setting, keep the default values.
- Click Apply.
You have completed this procedure.
- Go to Upgrading the FXS gateway firmware.