FortiGate must be managed by FortiManager to work with Policy Analyzer MEA. You must also import policy packages from FortiOS to FortiManager. You can import policy packages as part of using the Add Device wizard. Alternately you can import policy packages after you complete the wizard.
Policy Analyzer MEA automatically adds a policy block to the Security Policy in the policy package, so you must import the policy package to enable updates to it by FortiManager and Policy Analyzer MEA.
FortiManager must be synchronized with FortiGate to work with Policy Analyzer MEA.
- In FortiOS, configure the authorization address and port by using the following commands.
config system global
- In FortiManager, ensure you are in a 7.0 or later ADOM.
FortiGate must be running FortiOS 7.0.2 or later to work with Policy Analyzer MEA.
- Go to Device Manager > Device & Groups, and click Add Device. The wizard opens.
- Click Discover Device.
- In the box, type the management port IP address for the device, and click Next.
- Continue following the steps in the wizard, and select the Import Policy Package option when available.
- Complete the wizard to finish adding the device.
FortiGate is managed by FortiManager, and the policy package for the device is imported to FortiManager.