This section provides a summary of how to get started with Policy Analyzer MEA:
- On FortiGate, configure FortiOS to provide logs for Policy Analyzer MEA to use. See Configuring FortiGate.
- On FortiAnalyzer, configure an administrative account to use with Policy Analyzer MEA. See Configuring FortiAnalyzer.
The administrative account must have JSON API set to a minimum of Read to enable API communication between the products.
- On FortiManager, add FortiGate for management, and import policy packages. See Adding FortiGate to FortiManager.
- On FortiManager, enable Policy Analyzer MEA. See Enabling Policy Analyzer MEA.
Policy Analyzer MEA is downloaded from Fortinet Registry and installed on FortiManager.
- Open Policy Analyzer MEA. See Opening Policy Analyzer MEA.
- Use the Policy Analyzer wizard to analyze FortiGate traffic logs, and choose a mode for handling the traffic. See Policy Analyzer modes.
Policy Analyzer MEA automatically generates a policy block, inserts the policy block into the policy, and initiates installation of the updated policy package to FortiGate.