When FortiMail takes actions against email messages, you may wan to inform email senders, recipients, or any other users of the actions, that is, what happened to the email.
To achieve this purpose, you need to create such kind of notification profiles and then use them in antispam, antivirus, and content action profiles. For details, see Configuring antispam action profiles, Configuring antivirus action profiles, and Configuring content action profiles.
- Go to Profile > Notification. If you have created some notification profiles, you can view, clone, edit, or delete them there.
- Click New to create a profile.
- For Name, enter a profile name. The profile name is editable later.
- From Type, select:
- Generic: this type of notification profile can be used in the antispam, antivirus and content profiles to notify the sender, recipient, or other email accounts.
- Sender Address Rate Control: When you configure sender address rate control notification in domain settings (see Other advanced domain settings), you can also choose a notification profile. In this case, you only need to notify the senders, not the recipients. You do not need to include the original message as attachment either. Therefore, these two options are greyed out.
- Attachment Filtering: this type of notification profile most probably be used in the content profiles where attachment filtering is implemented.