All FortiGate-6000 models have the following front panel interfaces:
- Twenty-four 1/10/25GigE SFP28 data network interfaces (1 to 24). The default speed of these interfaces is 10Gbps. These interfaces are divided into the following interface groups: 1 - 4, 5 - 8, 9 - 12, 13 - 16, 17 - 20, and 21 - 24. For information about interface groups, see Interface groups and changing data interface speeds.
- Four 40/100GigE QSFP28 data network interfaces (25 to 28). The default speed of these interfaces is 40Gbps.
- Two front panel 1/10GigE SFP+ HA interfaces (HA1 and HA2) used for heartbeat, session sync, and management communication between two and only two FortiGate-6000s in an HA cluster. The default speed of these interfaces is 10Gbps. Operating them at 1Gbps is not recommended. A FortiGate-6000 cluster consists of two (and only two) FortiGate-6000s of the same model. To set up HA, you can use a direct cable connection between the FortiGate-6000s HA1 interfaces and a second direct cable connection between the HA2 interfaces. For more information about FortiGate-6000 HA, see FortiGate-6000 high availability.
- Two 10/100/1000BASE-T out of band management Ethernet interfaces (MGMT1 and MGMT2).
- One front panel 1/10GigE SFP+ out of band management interface (MGMT3). You can use the 10Gbps MGMT3 interface for additional bandwidth management traffic that might be useful for high bandwidth activities such as remote logging.
- One RJ-45 RS-232 serial console connection.
- One USB connector.