Once you have downloaded the
out.kvm.zip file and extracted the virtual hard drive image file
fackvm.qcow2 and the data drive image
datadrive.qcow2, you can create the virtual machine in your Nutanix environment.
- Launch the Prism Element web console.
- Go to Settings > Image Configuration.
- Upload the FortiAuthenticator image by clicking Upload Image.
- In the Name field, enter FortiAuthenticator.
- In the Image Type dropdown list, ensure that Disk is selected.
- In the Storage Container, select the storage container to use.
- In the Image Source pane, click Upload a file.
- Select the
fackvm.qcow2image file downloaded in To obtain the deployment image.
- Click Save.
- Follow the above steps (2-10) to upload the FortiAuthenticator data drive image
datadrive.qcow2with its name as FortiAuthenticator-DataDrive.
Wait a few minutes, then refresh the browser. You will find the newly created VM image in the image list. Confirm that its state is active.
- In Prism Element web console, go to VM > Create VM.
For General Configuration and Compute Details, enter the following configuration information:
- In the NAME field, enter the desired name for VM, for example FortiAuthenticator-VM.
- In the VCPU(S) field, enter 2.
- In the MEMORY field, enter 8.
- By default, a CD-ROM is listed under Disks. Delete the CD-ROM.
You must create a boot disk and a data disk for the VM.
Create the boot disk:
- Click Add New Disk.
- The boot disk will be cloned from the VM image uploaded. In the OPERATION dropdown, select Clone from Image Service.
- In the BUS TYPE dropdown, select SCSI.
- In the IMAGE dropdown, select the FortiAuthenticator disk image uploaded in To upload the FortiAuthenticator deployment image to Nutanix.
- Click Add. The boot disk has been added.
- Create the data disk by clicking Add New Disk and follow the steps in 4 with FortiAuthenticator-DataDrive as the image.
- Add a network interface for the VM:
- Under Network Adapters (NIC), click Add New NIC.
- Under VLAN NAME, select NR_PRT_STATIC and click Add.
- Click Save.
The system displays a Successfully submitted Create operation message when the VM has been created successfully with no error.