If you forget the password, or want to change an account’s password, the
admin administrator can reset the password.
If you forget the password of the
admin administrator, you can either:
- Login via other account with
prof_adminpermission only by CLI console.
- Remove the admin password from the backup configuration file by web UI.
To reset an account’s password
- Log in as the
adminadministrator account to web UI.
- Go to System > Admin > Administrators.
- Click the row to select the account whose password you want to change.
- Click Change Password.
- In the New Password and Confirm Password fields, type the new password.
- Click OK.
The new password takes effect the next time that account logs in.
To reset the
admin account’s password
- Connect to the CLI console with an account of
- Run the following commands:
config system admin
set password a
- Login to the web UI with an account of
- Go to Maintenance > Backup & Restore > Backup.
- Click Backup to download the backup file.
- Decompress the .zip file, and open the FortiWeb_system.conf file with the editor. You are recommended to use Notepad++.
- Locate the
config system admincommand lines, remove the
set password XXXline, and save the file.
- Go to Maintenance > Backup & Restore > Restore.
- Click Choose File to upload the updated backup file.
- Click Restore.