With FortiVoice, the following two types of phone call recordings are available:
- Personal recording: You can access your phone call recordings from the FortiVoice user portal.
- System recording: With the administrator privilege, you can access phone call recordings from the FortiVoice web-based manager.
- To allow an extension to perform a call recording: Make sure to apply a user privilege with the personal recording or system recording option enabled, as applicable, to that extension. To enable recording options, the FortiVoice system administrator can go to Phone System > Profile > User Privilege and then Monitor/Recording.
- To allow an extension to access a personal call recording from the FortiVoice user portal: Make sure to apply a user privilege with the call recording option enabled to that extension. To enable the call recording option on the FortiVoice user portal, the FortiVoice system administrator can go to Phone System > Profile > User Privilege and then User Portal.
- To view codes: Personal and system recording procedures in this section use the default feature codes for recording phone calls. To view or edit those codes, the FortiVoice system administrator can go to Call Feature > Feature Code > Mid-Call/DTMF Code.
Before recording a phone call, have the agreement of the person you are talking with or check your local laws regarding phone recording.
- During a phone call, start the personal recording by pressing *30.
- To pause a personal recording, press *31. To resume the recording, press *30 again.
The recording will continue until you hang up.
- To access the recording from the FortiVoice user portal, open a web browser and go to
Where <IP_address_or_FQDN> is the IP address or the FQDN of the FortiVoice phone system.
If the FortiVoice system administrator has changed the access port, then you must also include the port, for example:
- Go to Call Recording.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- To listen to the recorded phone call, click .
- To remove the recorded phone call, click Delete.
- To confirm the deletion, click Yes.
- To send the recorded phone call to another extension, click Forward.
- Select the extension and click OK.
- To save the recorded phone call (WAV file format), click
- Select to save the file and click OK.
When you download multiple recorded phone calls at the same time, they are saved in the TGZ file format. To decompress and extract the recorded phone calls from this file, use a third-party tool that supports the TGZ file format.
- During a phone call, start the system recording by pressing *35.
- To pause the system recording, press *36.
- To resume the system recording, press *37.
- To cancel the system recording, press *38.
To listen to the recording:
- Log in to the FortiVoice web-based manager.
- Select Monitor > Storage > Recorded Call.
- Double-click a call record folder to open the archived call files.
- Select a recording and click Play.
If you did not pause or cancel the system recording, the recording will end when you hang up.