First, call parking must be configured on FortiVoice. It is recommended to keep the numbering scheme separate from the extension number scheme, keeping it unique to call parking. By default, the FortiVoice reserves 300 to 320 for call parking. This can be broken down as follows:
- 300: Number reserved to park a call in the first available slot.
- 301-320: Numbers reserved as call park slots.
For more information on how to use these number schemes, see Using call parking.
- Go to Call Feature > Call Parking > Call Parking.
- Set Park call number to the number used to park calls automatically to the first available call park slot.
- Set Park line start and Park line end to define the total range of call park slots.
- Set Parking timeout to the amount of time in seconds that the call will remain parked. Once this timeout is reached, the parked call is returned to the extension that had parked it.
- Select the desired hold music from the Music on hold drop-down menu, and click Apply.