Adding an FXO gateway (not auto-discovered)
Use this procedure to add an FXO gateway to the FortiVoice phone system in cases such as in the following examples:
- You are preconfiguring the FortiVoice phone system before deploying the FXO gateway.
- You are setting up the FortiVoice phone system and locating the FXO gateway on a VPN. Therefore, the devices are not on the same LAN.
- Connect to the web-based manager of the FortiVoice phone system.
- Go to Managed System > Gateway.
- In the FXO Gateway tab, click New.
- Configure the following settings:
Enter a unique name to identify the FXO gateway.
Select to activate the configuration of the FXO gateway.
Not required. You can leave this field empty.
Enter the hostname or IP address of the FXO gateway.
If the FXO gateway is configured to use a non-default HTTPS port, then add :
<port number>after the IP address. For example,
Get Device Information:
- Before you click this button, make sure to enter the required information in the Admin user name and Admin password fields below.
- Click this button to poll the FXO gateway to get the serial number and the MAC address of the gateway. This action can confirm that the systems can communicate and that the password is valid.
Connect Device: This procedure does not use this button. With this button, you would access the FortiVoice Gateway web-based manager in a separate tab in your web browser.
Admin user name
Enter the user name of the administrator account used for logging in to the FXO gateway.
The default is admin.
Enter the password associated with the Admin user name.
To show the password, click the eye icon .
The default is no password.
The serial number of the FXO gateway that you are adding to the FortiVoice phone system.
The type of gateway that you are adding to the FortiVoice phone system.
The MAC address of the FXO gateway that you are adding to the FortiVoice phone system.
Optionally, add any applicable notes for this gateway.
- Click Create.
The FortiVoice phone system creates a trunk profile. By default, all eight ports are mapped to a single trunk.
You have completed this procedure.
- Go to Applying the FXO gateway configuration.