The FortiVoice phone system can auto-discover an FXO gateway when they are on the same LAN. With an auto-discovered device, you can create a new configuration for that gateway or replace an existing gateway configuration.
- Connect to the web-based manager of the FortiVoice phone system.
- Go to Managed System > FortiVoice Gateway.
- In the FXO Gateway tab, click Auto-discovered device.
- Select the FXO gateway that you want to add.
- In the Actions drop-down list, select one of the following actions:
If you selected Create new device, then configure the following settings:
Enter a unique name to identify the FXO gateway.
Select to activate the configuration of the FXO gateway.
Not required. You can leave this field empty.
The hostname or IP address of the auto-discovered FXO gateway.
For an auto-discovered FXO gateway, the FortiVoice phone system autopopulates this field.
Get device information:
- Before you click this button, make sure to enter the required information in the Admin user name and Admin password fields below.
- Click this button to poll the FXO gateway and get the MAC address of the gateway. This action can confirm that the systems can communicate and that the password is valid.
Connect device: This procedure does not use this button. (With this button, you would access the FortiVoice gateway web-based manager in a separate tab in your web browser.)
Admin user name
Enter the user name of the administrator account used for logging in to the FXO gateway.
The default is admin.
Enter the password associated with the Admin user name.
To view the password, select View password.
The default is no password.
This section gives you the option to change the administrator password used for logging in to the gateway directly from the FortiVoice phone system instead of using the option on the gateway.
- Select the check box to change the administrator password for logging in to the gateway.
- Click Change password to show the New Password and Confirm password fields.
- Enter the new password.
- To confirm the changes, click OK.
The serial number of the gateway that you are adding to the FortiVoice phone system. For an auto-discovered FXO gateway, the FortiVoice phone system autopopulates this field.
The type of gateway that you are adding to the FortiVoice phone system.
The MAC address of the gateway that you are adding to the FortiVoice phone system.
Optionally, add any applicable notes for this gateway.
- Click Create.
The FortiVoice phone system creates a trunk profile. By default, all eight ports are mapped to a single trunk.
- You have completed this procedure. You can now go to Applying the FXO gateway configuration.
- If you selected Replace existing device, then follow the system prompts to choose which gateway configuration you want to replace and then replace it.
- When the replacement of the existing device is complete, go to Applying the FXO gateway configuration.
The dialog opens and displays all the gateways discovered on the LAN of the FortiVoice phone system.