You can enable central management by using the operating system for supported units. For example, in FortiOS, you can enable central management for the FortiGate unit by adding the IP address of the FortiManager unit. When central management is enabled, the device is displayed on the FortiManager GUI in the root ADOM on the Device Manager pane in the Unauthorized Devices list.
In FortiManager, you must authorize devices before you can use FortiManager to manage them. FortiManager cannot manage unauthorized devices.
When ADOMs are enabled, you can assign the device to an ADOM. When authorizing multiple devices at one time, they are all added to the same ADOM.
- In the root ADOM, go to Device Manager > Device & Groups and click the Unauthorized Devices tree menu. The content pane displays the unauthorized devices.
- If necessary, select the Display Hidden Devices check box to display hidden unauthorized devices.
- Select the unauthorized device or devices, then click Authorize. The Authorize Device dialog box opens.
- If ADOMs are enabled, select the ADOM in the Add the following device(s) to ADOM list. If ADOMs are disabled, select root. The default value is None.
If you try to authorize devices having different firmware versions than the selected ADOM version, the system shows a Version Mismatch Warning confirmation dialog.
If you authorize the devices in spite of the warning, the configuration syntax may not be fully supported in the selected ADOM.
- (Optional) In the Assign New Device Name list, type a different name for the device.
- (Optional) In the Assign Policy Package list, select a policy package.
- (Optional) In the Assign Provisioning Template list, select a profile.
You can override some provisioning template settings by clicking the Override Profile Value button. Before you can override system template settings during authorization, you must select a system template, and you must enable overrides in the system template. See Overriding system template settings.
- Click OK to authorize the device or devices.
The device or devices are authorized, and FortiManager can start managing the device or devices.