Creating Google Cloud Platform connector
With FortiManager, you can create a fabric connector for Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and then import address names from Google Cloud Platform to automatically create dynamic objects that you can use in policies. When you install the policies to one or more FortiGate units, FortiGate uses the information and Fortinet SDN Connector to communicate with Google Cloud Platform and dynamically populate the objects with IP addresses.
When you create a fabric connector for Google Cloud Platform, you are specifying how FortiGate can communicate with Google Cloud Platform through Fortinet SDN Connector. As a result, you are configuring communication and authentication information for Fortinet SDN Connector.
If ADOMs are enabled, you can create multiple fabric connectors per ADOM; however, each fabric connector requires a unique IP address.
FortiManagerwith ADOM version 6.2 or later.
The method described in this topic for creating fabric connectors requires ADOM version 6.2 or later.
- FortiGate is managed by FortiManager.
- The managed FortiGate unit is configured to work with Google Cloud Platform.
To create a fabric connector object for Google Cloud Platform:
- Go to Fabric View > Fabric Connectors.
- Click Create New. The Create New Fabric Connector wizard is displayed.
- Under SDN, select Google Cloud Platform, and click Next. The Google Cloud Platform screen is displayed.
- Configure the following options, and then click OK:
Type a name for the fabric connector object.
Displays Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Specify the Project Name for the SDN Connector.
Service Account Email
Specify the Service Account Email for the SDN Connector.
Specify the Private Key for the Fortinet SDN Connector.
Update Interval (s)
Specify the update interval for the Fortinet SDN Connector.
Select one of the following options:
- Click Use Default to use the default interval.
- Click Specify and specify the interval.
Toggle On to enable the fabric connector object. Toggle OFF to disable the fabric connector object.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors. Select the connector and click Import.
- The Google Cloud Platform connector is imported. Click Close to close the import dialog.
- Create a Policy Package and install it to a FortiGate device. The Google Cloud Platform connector object is synced with the FortiGate device.