Edit an object
After editing an object in the object database, the changes are immediately reflected within the policy table in the GUI; no copying to the database is required. If partial install is enabled, the edited object can be manually pushed to all devices currently using that object, see Push to device.
To edit an object:
- Ensure you are in the correct ADOM.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Object Configurations.
- In the tree menu, select an object type. The content pane displays the objects for the object type.
- Select an object, then click Edit.
- Edit the information as required, and click OK.
Objects can also be edited directly from the policy list and Object Selector frame by right-clicking on the object and selecting Edit.
When an object is added to a policy package and assigned to an ADOM, the object is available in all devices that are part of the ADOM. If the object is renamed on a device locally, FortiManager automatically syncs the object to the ADOM and applies the change to all devices in the ADOM.