Master account users can transfer a device from one FortiCloud/FortiCare account to another. Users can transfer a device up to three times within a twelve-month time period. If more transfers are required within the twelve-month time period, contact Technical Support to request the transfer.
To transfer an account, you must:
- Have access to the FortiGate, as well as both the FortiCloud and FortiCare accounts.
- Be a master account user.
To verify if you are the master account user, log in to support.fortinet.com. Click the username, then select My Account.
The Account Profile page opens.
- Go to Dashboard > Status.
- In the Licenses widget, click the FortiCare Support link, then click Transfer FortiGate to Another Account.
You can also transfer an account from System > FortiGuard.
- In the Current FortiCloud Account fields, enter the username and password for the current account. In the Target FortiCloud Account fields, enter the new username and password.
- Click Next.
- Review the information, then click Transfer.
After the transfer is complete, the new the FortiCloud account is displayed in the Licenses widget.