You can also associate FortiTokens with administrator accounts.
- Ensure that you have successfully added your FortiToken serial number to FortiOS and that its status is Available.
- Go to System > Administrators. Edit the admin account. This example assumes that the account is fully configured except for two-factor authentication.
- In the Email Address field, enter the administrator's email address.
- Enable Two-factor Authentication.
- From the Token dropdown list, select the desired FortiToken serial number.
- Click OK.
For a mobile token, click Send Activation Code to send the activation code to the configured email address. The admin uses this code to activate their mobile token. You must have configured an email service in System > Settings to send the activation code.
config system admin
set password "myPassword"
set two-factor fortitoken
set fortitoken <serial_number>
set email-to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
fortitoken keyword is not visible until you select
fortitoken for the
Before you can use a new FortiToken, you may need to synchronize it due to clock drift.