EMS 6.2.0 uses a new FortiOS API to import and sync Web Filter profiles from FortiGate.
FortiOS 6.2.0 no longer supports the endpoint compliance profile available in earlier versions of FortiOS. EMS 6.2.0 can therefore only import Web Filter profiles from FortiGate and no longer supports importing the compliance profile.
- In FortiOS 6.2.0, go to Security Profiles > Web Filter. Modify an existing Web Filter profile or create a new Web Filter profile to export to EMS.
- In EMS, go to Endpoint Profiles > Manage Profiles > Import > From FortiGate/FortiManager.
- On the Connect to FortiGate/FortiManager tab, provide the FortiGate IP address, the default port 8013, and the FortiGate username and password, then click Next.
- On the Preview and Select tab, select the profile selected or created in step 1. Click Next.
- On the Configure Synchronization tab, configure the synchronization frequency as desired. Click Import.
- After EMS has imported the profile from FortiGate, select the imported profile and confirm that the profile's Web Filter settings in FortiOS and in EMS are identical.
- In FortiOS, modify the Web Filter profile's settings. This example blocks the Finance and Banking site category.
- After the synchronization interval configured in step 5, check the profile in EMS. EMS has received the profile changes from FortiOS. The profile now blocks the Finance and Banking site category.