You can use the FortiAnalyzer GUI to request and activate a trial license for a FortiAnalyzer VM.
After you activate a trial license, the FortiAnalyzer VM is displayed as an asset in your FortiCloud account, and it is assigned a unique serial number.
- Install the VM, and configure the management port to enable access.
Ensure that the VM has Internet access.
- In a browser, access the IP address for the FortiAnalyzer GUI.
The login dialog box is displayed.
- Select Free Trial, and click Login with FortiCloud.
If you do not have a FortiCloud account, click Register with FortiCloud to create one.
The Free Trial License Agreement is displayed.
- Read and accept the license agreement:
- Read the license agreement.
- Select the I have read and accept the terms in the License Agreement checkbox.
- Click Accept.
The license is applied, and you are logged in to FortiAnalyzer.
- Go to System Settings > Dashboard > License Information widget.
The VM License option displays Trial License.
- After evaluating the FortiAnalyzer VM, you can purchase and install an add-on license. See Upgrading to an add-on license.