After using a FortiAnalyzer VM with a trial license, you can upgrade by installing an add-on license. You can use the FortiAnalyzer GUI to install an add-on license.
Before you can install an add-on license, you must perform the following tasks:
- Install a FortiAnalyzer VM and activate a trial license. See Activating a free trial of FortiAnalyzer VM.
- Purchase the add-on license from a licensed reseller and receive an email with the product registration code.
After you receive the email with the registration code, use this topic to perform the following actions:
- Register the add-on license with FortiCloud by using the registration code.
- Download the license key from FortiCloud.
- Install the license key by using the FortiAnalyzer GUI.
After the add-on license is installed to FortiAnalyzer VM, the System Settings > License Information widget displays the name of the license. In the following example, the VM License option displays Valid 10K-UG.
- Register the add-on license:
- Go to the Fortinet Technical Support site (https://support.fortinet.com/), and log in by using your FortiCloud credentials.
- Go to Asset Management > Register Product.
- In the Registration Code box, enter the registration code, and click Next.
For more details, see FortiCloud Asset Management > Registering products.
- Specify the IP address for the FortiAnalyzer VM:
- In Asset Management, select the product. The product details are displayed.
- In the Product Information widget, click the Edit icon to edit product details.
- In the Description box, type a description.
- In the IP Address box, enter the IP address for the FortiAnalyzer VM.
- Click Save.
- In the License and Key widget, click the Get the License File link. The license is downloaded.
- Log in to FortiAnalyzer, and go to System Settings > Dashboard.
- In the License Information widget, beside the VM License option, click the Add License button.
The Add License dialog box is displayed.
- Complete the following options, and click OK:
- In the Account ID/Email box, type the email for your FortiCloud account.
- In the Password box, type the password for your FortiCloud account.
- In the Registration Code box, enter the contract registration code for the add-on license.
The License Agreement is displayed.
- Accept the license agreement:
- Read the license agreement.
- Select the I have read and accept the terms in the License Agreement checkbox.
- Click OK.
The Restart Device dialog box is displayed.
- Click Restart Now to apply the license.
FortiAnalyzer restarts, and the license is applied.
- Go to System Settings > Dashboard > License Information widget.
The VM License option displays the name of the license.