System > Maintenance > Debug enables you to download debug log and upload debug symbol file.
Before you can begin configuring debug log, you have to enable it first. By default, firewall is disabled.
- Go to System > Config > Feature Visibility.
To access this part of the web UI, your administrator's account access profile must have Read and Write permission to items in the System Configuration category. For details, see "Permissions" on page 1.
- Locate System Features.
- Enable Debug.
- Click Apply.
- Run commands similar to the following to capture the flow from the client (for example, host 10.0.8.104), and activate the debug flow required:
- Initiate HTTP request from this client (10.0.8.104) to the virtual server.
- Stop collecting the information with the command below after some time:
- Download debug logs from System > Maintenance > Debug > Download .
The following files are supported:
- crash logs
- daemon logs
- kernel logs
- netstat logs
- coredump logs
- perf logs
- top logs
- other logs
- entire configuration file
FortiWeb # diagnose debug trace tcpdump filter "host 10.0.8.104"
FortiWeb # diagnose debug trace tcpdump interface port1
FortiWeb # diagnose debug flow filter client-ip 10.0.8.104
FortiWeb # diagnose debug flow filter flow-detail 7
FortiWeb # diagnose debug trace report start
FortiWeb # diagnose debug trace report stop
Note: To access this part of the web UI, your administrator’s account must have the
prof_admin permission. For details, see Permissions.
For details, see the FortiWeb CLI Reference: