Cisco Meraki Cloud Controller and Network Devices
- What is Discovered and Monitored
- Event Types
- Settings for Access Credentials
What is Discovered and Monitored
Cisco Meraki Devices are discoverable in either of the following ways
- SNMP to the Cloud Controller
- SNMP to each Network Device
SNMP Traps can be sent from the Cloud Controller. Cisco Meraki Network Devices can also send logs directly to FortiSIEM.
|SNMP (V1, V2c) to Cloud Controller or Devices||Host name, Software version, Hardware model, Network interfaces||Uptime, Network Interface metrics (utilization, bytes sent and received, packets sent and received, errors, discards and queue lengths)||Availability and Performance Monitoring|
|syslog from Meraki Firewalls||Firewall logs||Security Monitoring|
syslog from Meraki Access Points
Air Marshal logs
|SNMP Traps from Cloud Controller||Health||Availability Monitoring|
- Interface Utilization: PH_DEV_MON_NET_INTF_UTIL
Availability (From SNMP Trap)
- Meraki Device Cellular Connection Disconnected
- Meraki Device Down
- Meraki Device IP Conflict
- Meraki Device Interface Down
- Meraki Device Port Cable Error
- Meraki Device VPN Connectivity Down
- Meraki Foreign AP Detected
- Meraki New DHCP Server
- Meraki New Splash User
- Meraki No DHCP lease
- Meraki Rogue DHCP Server
- Meraki Unreachable Device
- Meraki Unreachable RADIUS Server
- Meraki VPN Failover
Performance (Fixed Threshold)
- Network Intf Error Warning
- Network Intf Error Critical
- Network Intf Util Warning
- Network Intf Util Critical
Performance (Dynamic Threshold Based on Baselines)
- Sudden Increase in Network Interface Traffic
- Sudden Increase in Network Interface Errors
Syslog for Air Marshal Events
The latest instructions can be found at https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Air_Marshal to configure syslog for Air Marshal events.
Syslog alerting can be configured by navigating to Network-wide > General, and configuring the syslog server IP, port, and specifying "air marshal" events.
Note: For all roles, select each role available. This configuration applies for access points (APs), switches, and firewalls.
FortiSIEM uses SNMP to discover and monitor this device. Make sure SNMP is enabled for the device as directed in its product documentation. For more information, refer to sections "Discovery Settings" and "Setting Credentials" in the User Guide.
Settings for Access Credentials
Set these Access Method Definition values to allow FortiSIEM to communicate with your device.
|Device Type||Cisco Meraki Cloud Controller|
|Access Protocol||See Access Credentials|
|Port||See Access Credentials|
|Password config||See Password Configuration|