Check Point FireWall-1
What is Discovered and Monitored
Host name, Firewall model and version, Network interfaces
Uptime, CPU and Memory utilization, Network Interface metrics (utilization, bytes sent and received, packets sent and received, errors, discards and queue lengths), Firewall connection count
Availability and Performance Monitoring
All traffic and system logs
Security and Compliance
In ADMIN > Device Support > Event, search for "firewall-1" in the Device Type column to see the event types associated with this device.
There are no predefined rules for this device.
There are no predefined reports for this device.
FortiSIEM uses SNMP to discover and monitor this device. Make sure SNMP is enabled for the device as directed in its product documentation. For more information, refer to sections "Discovery Settings" and "Setting Credentials" in the User Guide.
Add FortiSIEM as a Managed Node
- Log in to your Check Point SmartDomain Manager.
- In the Global Policies tab, select Multi-Domain Security Management, and then right-click to select Launch Global SmartDashboard.
- Select the Firewall tab.
- Click the Network Objects icon.
- Select Nodes, and then right-click to select Node > Host... .
- Select General Properties.
- Enter a Name for your FortiSIEM host, like
- Enter the IP Address of your FortiSIEM virtual appliance.
- Click OK.
Create an OPSEC Application for FortiSIEM
- In the Firewall tab, click the Servers and OPSEC icon.
- Select OPSEC Applications, and then right-click to select New > OPSEC Application.
- Click the General tab.
- Enter a Name for your OPSEC application, like
- For Host, select the FortiSIEM host.
- Under Client Entities, select LEA and CPMI.
For Check Point FireWall-1, also select SNMP.
- Click Communication.
- Enter a one-time password.
This is the password you will use in setting up access credentials for your firewall in FortiSIEM.
- Click Initialize.
- Close and re-open the application.
- In the General tab, next to Communication, the DN field will now contain a value like
This is the FortiSIEM Client SIC DN that you will need when you copy the secure internal communication certificates and set the access credentials for your firewall in FortiSIEM.
Create a Firewall Policy for FortiSIEM
- In Servers and Opsec > OPSEC Applications, select your FortiSIEM application.
- In the Rules menu, select Top.
- Right-click SOURCE, then click Add and select your FortiSIEM virtual appliance.
- Right-click DESTINATION, then click Add and select your Check Point firewall.
- Right-click SERVICE, then click Add and select FW1_lea, and CPMI.
Also select snmp if you are configuring a Check Point FireWall-1 firewall.
- Right-click ACTION and select Accept.
- Right-click TRACK and select Log.
- Go to Policy > Install.
- Click OK.
- Go to OPSEC Applications and select your FortiSIEM application.
- In the General tab of the Properties window, make sure that the communications have been enabled between your firewall and FortiSIEM.
Settings for Access Credentials
Set these Access Method Definition values to allow FortiSIEM to communicate with your device.
|Device Type||Checkpoint Firewall-1|
|Access Protocol||See Access Credentials|
|Port||See Access Credentials|
|Password config||See Password Configuration|